The Yackandandah Primary School Council meets monthly on the third Monday of the month. Meetings are open to school community members.
Our current school councilors are:
Finance Sub-Committee meetings are also held monthly on the third Monday of the month (prior to the School Council meeting).
In addition, school council runs the following sub-committees, with meetings held as required:
In addition, school council has representation on the following committeees:
- Formulation of the School Strategic Plan
- Developing the education policy of the school, consistent with school goals and Department of
- Education guidelines
- Promoting parent and community participation and interest in the school
- Conducting educational activities for the benefit of the community
- Allowing use, by outside bodies, of the school building and grounds under its control
- Annual reporting to the school community
- Holding property on behalf of the Minister
- Purchasing equipment for the school
- Forming sub-committees
- Responsibility for the financial arrangements within the school
- Overseeing maintenance on buildings and grounds.
- Financial management of Outside School Hours Care.
- Financial management of Yackandandah Kindergarten.