It is looking likely that the remote learning will continue at least to the end of this week. Please keep an eye on your emails for updates from your child’s teachers regarding the learning arrangements that will be in place for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. Some of you may be asked to come and collect items from school – please make the front office your first point of contact and please make sure you check in to Services Victoria via the QR Code.
The same arrangements apply for children of essential workers with no other care options – just email Sandra or myself, or call the school to book them in for onsite learning. Please note, the school program is the same as the home learning program. Same applies for OSHC – book in the normal way.
I would like to reiterate that we understand if you are not able to follow the home learning provided all the time. For families of younger students especially it can be very tricky to manage. Please do not stress if you miss something or have to have your attention elsewhere for a while. Our aim is to keep the children engaged in learning during these lockdowns, but not at the cost of yours or their wellbeing. Your teacher is available if you need support.
We are still required to note attendance during remote learning. For older students that will be via webex. For younger students please let us know if you are having difficulties or are ‘absent’ from remote learning.
Hopefully this outbreak will fade away soon and we can return to school as soon as possible. I’m sure we will all be monitoring tomorrow’s COVID update with fingers crossed. Who knows… maybe school will be allowed to return in the regions fairly soon.
Part of our maintenance routine is auditing the trees on our school site for safety and health. The most recent audit conducted by a qualified arborist highlighted a couple of trees at an unacceptable risk of falling limbs. These trees need to be removed for safety purposes. The required works will begin this week, we are wanting to make sure our grounds are as safe as possible for our children.
Statements will be emailed out to families this week. It would be appreciated if any outstanding fees for camp or excursions that your child has already attended be paid. The skiing charges have been added to the Year 5/6 statements in the hope that it goes ahead. Skiing does not need to be paid until the skiing day.
Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF)
To support schools COVID-19 restrictions, the Department has extended the deadline for CSEF applications to Friday 13th August. If you have a valid means-tested concession card valid on either:
please call into the school office for more information.
News from the Art Studio
Our planned Art excursion for the Year 3/4s on Tuesday 20th July has been cancelled due to the Victorian Statewide Lockdown. We have decided to move the excursion forward one full week to Tuesday 27th July, so please note this change on your calendar. A new permission form will be emailed out to families once we know what is happening with restrictions for next week.
The Year 5/6 Art excursions that were planned for this Wednesday will also most likely be cancelled due to the lockdown. Stay tuned for more information on restrictions in Regional Victoria.
The F/1 walking excursion down to the Yackandandah Creek will also be moved one week forward to Tuesday 3rd August.
Artwork of the week
2PS and their leaf litter artworks.
Our first hot lunch for the term was meant to be this week but it isn’t looking good. If it doesn’t go ahead credit will be given next term as well as the $5 credit for last term which I forgot about – my apologies.
The roster is below. We still need more helpers, if you can assist please let me know.
During some pretty wet and wild conditions last Wednesday, 25 students represented the school at the much-postponed Division Cross-Country event at Willow Park. All students represented the school and themselves proudly, with four students advancing to the Regional event in Benalla. Congratulations to Saoirse Beatty, Claire Walsh, Hayley McIntosh, and Oliver Boddenberg on this great achievement. The event is scheduled for this Friday, with no official word yet on whether or not this event will go ahead as planned.
Winter Sports Carnival and School Athletics
The latest lockdown (along with the wet weather) also conspired to postpone the Winter Sports Carnival. The new date for this event is Monday, July 26. Fingers crossed it goes ahead. A new permission form will not be required as the backup date was on the original form.
Similarly, we are hopeful that the school athletics can take place in Albury in late August. As it stands, School Sports Victoria has put a temporary ban on school sport taking place in NSW, but we have a few weeks to work with. We will begin training for this event once we are back onsite.
If you have a child starting at school next year Enrolment packs can be collected from the school office.
If you would like to book a school tour or have any questions please contact Michael or Sandra at school.
July 18th – Katherine Somerville